Sunday, October 7, 2007

Gotta start somewhere...

Well, this will be my first blog here. What would I like for the world to know? I guess I will share a little of my scrap-philosophy. I'm not a perfect scrapper, far from it actually. I enjoy my imperfections, though. They set me apart. I rarely measure my cuts, and I often end up with some wonky looking mats. I eyeball all of my placements, and don't sweat the small stuff like the picture is just a fraction of a centimeter not level. These things make us human, and should be embraced. Scrapbooking allows everyone to do things their own way, and no one person can say that theirs is the right way. I love that. It truly is an art-form, but yet, you don't have to be extremely creative to enjoy it. There are products that anyone can use, and there are products that most people don't even know where to begin with. I'm enjoying learning new things and being able to let my creativity shine.

I have done traditional paper scrapping for about 10 years off and on and have within the past year started digital scrapping. I like how quickly the digital scrap pages are to make, but have yet to print any of them out to put in books. So, traditional is my main focus, and that's OK. I'll share some of both here, honestly, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes!
My scrapping interests right now are mostly pictures of myself as a child. I was fortunate enough to have a mother who loved taking pictures as much as I do, so I have tons of lovely pictures to work with. This particular photo was for a challenge on the Memory Works forum where we were to use a sketch that was actually made for a card, and transform it into a layout. I'm really happy with the way this came out. I used the Vintage Brass collection from We R Memory Keepers for all of my patterned card stock and Heidi Swapp's "cherish" acrylic stamp. The ribbon is just some random ribbon I had laying around. I was about 3 years old in these photos and mugging with my doll I had gotten for Christmas. I hope to continue scrapping my childhood over the next few weeks and hopefully finish my "baby" album before Christmas so that I can work on a few other crafty projects to give as Christmas gifts.



No comments: