Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Old photos



My cousin recently gave me some old pictures he had inherited from our aunt. The one above was taken when I was a baby. Those are 2 of my 4 sisters and my mom with me. Obviously, I won't remember that one being taken.

This one is a picture of my mom's dad in his army uniform. The back reads Private "Dutch" Renshaw. Taken at New Cumberland. That's the first picture I've ever seen of him in uniform. I think it's pretty cool.

And this one is my mom's mom when she was a girl. It's hard to picture grandparents ever being young, so I love this photo just because it lets me actually see her. There were a few more of my grandma when she was younger...I'm so glad to have received them!

I can see these photos becoming some scrapbook pages in the near future. I'm actually considering making a book with all the pictures of my mom and her mom and dad for my mom's birthday. It's coming up fast, though...so I don't know if I'll achieve it or not. We'll see!

1 comment:

leah said...

Wow! Congrats on the old photos, Lu! They're always a treasure. :)