Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feeling Crafty

Well, I still can't get to my scrapping stuff, one of these days I REALLY have to organize it! So, today I decided to play with my sewing machine. I don't sew much, but when I do, I like to make something nifty. My sister in Indiana raises Chihuahuas. The last time I was out she showed me pictures of these "snuggle sack" things. They're basically a very small sleeping bag that the dog can snuggle down into and be warm. I decided to give it a go with some fleece I had found with Eeyore on it...my sis loves Eeyore. I sewed 3 layers of fleece on the bottom for cushion and kind of quilted them together a bit so they wouldn't get all bunched up. The top is one layer of fleece, and I even added a touch of lace around the edges. It's not completely done yet, I need to finish up the top and trim the strings, but that is for another day. So, here it is at it stands now. Layla thinks it's pretty cool.



No comments: