Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



Wow, what a year! At this time last year, I was still working at McDonald's, though I was on a leave of absence through the winter. I would do that every winter because I'd always get extremely sick hanging out the drive-thru window in the cold... So, I happened to need to go to the bank one day, and noticed a sign in their window that they were looking for help. I went online and applied, and within a week or so, I was working there. (started Jan. 3, 2007) What a change from fast food! And a much needed one, as well.
In Feb. I had a pretty bad accident on my way in to work one morning. I was driving our Toyota Tacoma and hit black ice on our curvy mountain road. I hit a bank and flipped onto the roof. Somehow, I was able to crawl out on my own steam and was remarkably not hurt too terribly bad. I am still getting monthly adjustments on my back, however...who knows how long that will have to continue.
Working at the bank is a part-time gig, so I though I would try to sell some scrapbooking supplies on the side. I signed up with MemoryWorks in April. I had my first show in May and another in July. Then work got crazy with vacations and what not, I was working nearly full-time, and have been ever since. I'm hoping things calm down soon and I can start scrapping and having scrap parties more. I really enjoy that far more than bank work.
My husband and I started looking into fertility treatments in October...nothing has really been done to this point, we're just in the beginning, testing stages. Hopefully it works and we have a baby some day soon. What a blessing that would be.
So now, here we sit with one week left in the year and nothing really exciting to report on...but that's how real life is sometimes...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

leah said...

Sorry to hear that you had a tough year, Lu! Don't give up on the baby ~ there are lots of options to try before you even get to the medical treatments... there's lots of research that points to some of the foods that you eat, and lots of other things. So do some looking around, K? Best wishes for the new year! :)